About the Seminar:
Join Dr. Trevor Berry, a board-certified Chiropractic Neurologist and low-level laser expert and Dr. Scott Tauber, Personal Injury expert, as they pioneer the movement in connecting the hemispheres of the human body and brain.
They will present fundamentals of an integrative neuroscience-forward clinical framework for addressing pain and musculoskeletal injury presentations. Dr. Berry’s background and extensive education will help bring to light advanced treatments including low level laser technology, nutrition, topical therapies, receptor-based therapy, joint mobilization and vestibular therapies.
Dr. Tauber will incorporate PI as a specialty for those looking to acquire crucial skills as opportunities increase, creating improved case management to set up your clinic for pain and PI success.
As specialists, they will take you through a patient’s health history, examination and documentation. Special attention will be given to pain and neurological conditions and the treatment of them through advanced chiropractic care, lasers, labs and nutrition.
They will bring together the big picture on how the central nervous system affects the body and influences many of the ailments our society suffers from with special focus PI, TBI and Post-MVA pain conditions.
This brand new 12-hour CE accredited lecture is designed to connect the practitioner to real life topics, concepts and skills for our rapidly evolving world!
· Introduction to Personal Injury care management
· Identify risk and liability within PI cases
· Mechanism of motor vehicle accidents and occupant kinematics
· Introduction to low level laser physiology
· Inflammation and pain physiology
· Central mechanisms of inflammation and pain
· Supporting medical necessity with FDA cleared research
· Diagnostic imaging and associated testing for traumatic injuries
· How to humanize and objectify PI patient injuries
· TBI elements within the initial PI patient history
· Overview of a basic post-MVA TBI and neurological examination
· Pain, inflammation and FDA market clearances for low level laser technology (LLLT)
· Why patients transition from acute TBI to post-concussion syndrome
· Barrier systems, TBI and M2 glial resolution
· Nutritional considerations in acute TBI and post-concussion
· Mitigating long-term neurodegeneration post TBI
· Overview and co-management of PI cases
· Steps to create PI specific systems, algorithms and protocols for success
Basic and Advanced Demonstrations and Assessments for:
o Chronic pain and injury management
o Post-concussion syndrome co-morbidities
o Common vestibular injuries post MVA
o Popular neurological exams
Saturday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 12:15 pm
Denver Marriott Tech Center
4900 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237
Hotel: (303) 779-1100
– *If you need hours for other states, please contact NWHSU before the seminar at 800-888-4777.
– Certain restrictions apply. *$65 extra for CEs (if needed). Not all states covered.
– CE Hours are applied for by NWHSU to the chiropractic state licensing boards.
– Transcripts are sent out quarterly.
– If you need your transcript sent earlier, please contact NWHSU at 800-888-4777 x446